Sunday, August 14, 2005

Can't a girl catch a break?

Well, sorry people but here we go again. Pity...party of 1! I'm beginning to wonder what the reason is. You know the "everything happens for a reason" reason? See...if one more shitty thing happens I'm gonna have to bust some chops. I won't go into the detail about all this, but lets just say this crap has got to stop.

Now, I know all about karma and all that good stuff, but I like to think that I should have a flood of good karma coming my way. I'm super nice to people, I do things for other people all the time (and don't boast about it...I actually enjoy it), I have what I like to think is a great heart. So what the hell?? I'm wondering if the karma fairy might be saving it all up for me so that I become the girl who won the lottery eight times in one year, mistakenly discovered the cure for cancer (and anuerysms), ended world hunger and poverty, and created peace throughout the world. I mean shit...I'm bound to at least get one of the above.

Have you guys ever played that "what good luck, what bad luck game?" I actually think I posted about it once....yeah, here it is. Well, here's another one that fits in there:
What good luck...I got a pretty cool job offer
What bad luck...the pay sucks and it's only part time.

Thing is...I'm probably making more money waiting tables and mooching off the government than I did when I had a "real" job. My ex boss called me the other day and our conversation was a little something like this:

Me: Hello?
Him: Well, congratulations.
Me: Huh?
Him: I'm calling to congratulate you.
Me: Uh, for what?
Him: I heard (ad agency) hired you for the job you'd been wanting.
Me: Oh really?
Him: Yeah, that's awesome.
Me: Funny, if they hired me, they forgot to tell me about it.
Him: What do you mean?
Me: Uhhh, I mean if they hired me no one told me. I'm not working there.
Him: Really?!?! Well...but...I mean I heard it from a reliable person. It didn't sound like gossip or anything.
Me: Well, then if your source is reliable I'd better go pick up my paycheck.

Nice huh? And to top it all off...the owner of the company I used to work for came into eat at the restaurant I'm working at and sat in my section. Awesome. So embarrassing. I also wanted to smack him upside the head.

Oh well...things I know will get better, but this is my place for depressing, boring, or excited rants. Too bad they've all been pretty depressing lately. I'm hoping that's gonna change here pretty quick.Until then...I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home