Saturday, July 02, 2005

Oh, the humanity

Seems that so much has changed now. My life has taken a turn in a completely different direction. Sadly, that job that I was hoping for fell through. Not sure what happened except that everytime the guy called me, he called when I was "working" at my other job. I think he gave up, despite the fact that I left him a message explaining the situation. Guess I wasn't supposed to have that one.

I had an interview with the newspaper here, looks good but who knows. Won't know til next week.

The biggest thing on my mind right now is what happened last weekend. A very, very dear and good friend of ours was killed in a car accident. He was my best friend's younger brother's best friend. They were inseparable, but we were all so close. When something like that hits so close to home it stirs up so much. Love between friends, sadness too, and a realization that all those times you know that you're guilty of driving when you probably shouldn't could end up tragic.

He was 26. He was full of life and the happiest person I've ever known. I guess at least that is somewhat of a comfort, to know that he enjoyed every second and didn't waste one minute of his shortened life. I'm worried for my friend's brother (who is like my brother) and pray that he is okay and makes it through this. He's a strong person, but I can't see how I would handle losing my best friend in the whole world.

He wasn't driving, he was in the backseat. The kid (21 years old) driving was probably speeding in the little sports car their other friend let him drive. He ran head on into a utility pole. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt in the back (do most people?). The two people in the front are now quadraplegic. In a terrible way, our friend got off easy.

So, that's what has been happening around here. I know time will heal, but I just wish it would hurry up. I hope that at least now people (my friends especially) will learn from this and not take stupid chances. I know it has awakened me. It just sucks that it takes losing a dear friend to learn.

I'll keep writing here off and on, so don't stop checking to see if I posted. I miss you blogger friends...I need a job so I can start blogging again;) See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home