Monday, July 18, 2005

Strange things are afoot

Yes, strangeness all around me. I don't know what's goin' on around these parts but it's pretty weird.

We had a friend come visit from Dallas this past weekend. Crazy, fun girl. We just recently (at our 10 year reunion) came into contact with her again after about 10 (duh) years. She's a lot of fun though.

She wanted us to bring a bottle of tequila in the car when we picked her up from the airport. Ummm....we opted to take her to lunch where they had alcohol. That's where it all began.

Recap of the weekend:

Friend Kim harrassed door guy for charging her $5 cover charge (The other guy never charges us, we're regulars!!). The rest of us, out of sheer embarrassment and pity paid the guy for her. Here on out, he is $5 man.

Ran into a bunch of random guys who were all googly eyed over all of us girls and kept trying to get us to go home with them.

Went to eat Whataburger at 2 am Friday night. My friend Kim locked her keys in the car...with the car running. She didn't notice until AFTER we had eaten. $5 man happens to show up. 2 screwdrivers and Kim's bent antenna later...locks pop open. She proceeds to tell him he's "the best thief ever." Friend from Dallas (FFD)runs inside to pay for his meal...it was $5. Strange how it all worked out.

Next day, we go shopping with FFD and she proceeds to gather a bunch of "joke try-on" clothes. Calls us out and we bust out laughing as she looks like Swiss Family Robinson meets the Partridge Family.

FFD finds a very expensive shrug (for you guys, a shrug is one of those really, really short jacket looking things) that looks like a disco ball. Periodically through the night I can't help but look at her in all seriousness and say "You make me feel like dancin'".

FFD notices halfway through dinner that the very expensive tag is still connected and hanging off of her shrug. Classic. She eats liguini fini with carrots and zucchini (I just like saying that).

We run around from bar to bar to bar because each one is packed. Catch a glimpse of Chad Michael Murray (in town for some odd reason??) who is very full of himself. Get accosted by some losers. One of them keeps asking "Why are you looking at me?" Uhhh....because you're in my face asswipe.

Go to Dunkin' Donuts where there stands a man who has been stabbed. Yep, stabbed. He refuses to let the lady call the cops because he has warrants. She calls of course and cops, ambulance, and fire truck show up. No he was not stabbed in the Dunkin' Donuts and he wasn't bleeding really badly or anything. We started giving the DD lady a hard time..."You stabbed him because he didn't like your donuts?" She laughed. We found out he was stabbed in Juarez and since it happened in another country....the cops wouldn't do anything about it?!?!

Stand on the street corner waiting to cross and get yelled at from all angles by people driving by. I hear "Oh! My eyes!" from some very original guy behind us talking about FFD's shrug. I laugh, she laughs. They stop us and one guys insists on trying it on and then taking a picture.

Great fun...that's just the abridged version of course.

If you're wondering about my job sitch....still the same. Had an interview on Friday w/an ad agency. Looks good but I think I keep jinxing myself, so I won't say anything else. I'll know by the end of this week. Dammit, I think I really need to get the hell outta here. Anybody know of any jobs (preferably in the northwest or west) for me?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home