Friday, May 06, 2005

Holy Guacamole!

Not to be confused with Martini's ever-so-popular "Holy Cannoli". The Guacamole is staying with the "Cinco de Mayo tradition".

So yes, I went out last night.
I indulged in all of the Mexican bebidas that I think so highly of.
I ate 2 (yeah 2...although hours between them) Chile Relleno burritos, compliments of the burrito man and my friends with cash.
I met an English guy who was making me laugh so hard, partly because when he was talking I had flashbacks of trying to understand "Snatch" again.
The English guy spoke to my friend who just kept saying "I don't understand you." Then we would all laugh.
Met an old man sitting at the bar who kept dragging the bartender over everytime I came up to get a drink, but not before he'd say "Another drink already?"
Bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked one and gave the rest of the pack to my smoker friend.
Met a guy while waiting for my drink, who's first words to me were "I don't know anyone here." So, I said, "You do now".
Said guy was a cutie and from New Hampshire and has only lived here for a month. Doesn't know anyone, so I got his number...you know, to be his "friend":) Very cool, very nice guy.
Kept drinking and drinking and had my bewbie grabbed twice by two different people. They said they couldn't help it (one was a friend and one was a girl...now normally I'd probably get pissed, but I was in a great mood).
Then my friend wants to leave because she had to catch a plane at 6:45 am this morning. Damn...I gotta go. Get my tab and it's $12...damn I love dollar drinks!
Then, my other friend and I get dropped off and decide we're gonna go back. We were having so much fun that we went back.
In a matter of the 10 minutes since we had left, the place was was like a tin of sardines. I mean, no joke. It was insanely packed.
I didn't have any cash (only my debit card, and I didn't want to start another tab) so we found some guys who wanted to buy us drinks.
Had some drinks and then realized that since we couldn't even move, it was time to go.
Went home and passed out.
Woke up around 6:49 am (alarm went off at 6:40 and I had already pressed snooze once). Had to go to the bathroom and get some water.
Went back to bed until 7:25 am (hey, I still had some snoozes left)
Took my drag ass forever to get ready and didn't have time to eat...but I was starving!!
Had to go to the newspaper to get tear sheets for our meeting. Saw a guy with a partially amputated leg with a wheelchair. But he was not sitting in it, he was facing it, bad leg in the seat, using the other leg to skateboard push it. Interesting really.
Got to work and was really sad that I had an appointment I forgot about.
Good thing was...she brought breakfast!! Menudo, tacos, and burritos...oh my!
Everything was turning out ok until I tried to activate my new Cingular phone. Neither phones were working and then I finally get the new one going (after being on the phone w/Customer I don't Care for an hour) and they tell me...oh sorry, forgot to mention that you're ficked. You can't get any numbers off your old phone. WTF?!?!?!?! They didn't tell me that earlier. I'm screwed. Business contacts, personal contacts, people I want to have personal contact with!! And the cutie from last night...he didn't get my number b/c he didn't have his phone on him!! I'm so pissed off right now.

So, I don't know why I felt the need to give you a play by play, but there it is. In a nutshell, I'm hungover, tired, and now...pissed. But at least Cinco de Mayo was fun!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home