Thursday, April 28, 2005

I am sofa king we todd did

I think I'm going to start off every post with an account of the previous night's dream. I don't get it. I mean, I never used to remember my dreams, but now, every morning like clockwork I wake up and have a vivid memory of what happened in my dream. My friends and I were somewhere in California (not Hollywood or anything....like Corona or something) and there was this party. So we're mingling and this guy comes up to me...totally hot...and starts talking to me. He says "I'm (don't remember the name he used)." I looked at him blankly. He says "You know, MCA from the Beastie Boys." I was like, no way. Now, I know Adam Yauch isn't super hot, but in my dream he was. And he was a Beastie. And we were cruising the party, all my friends were like "Holy shit" and then MCA and I went into this crazy room where one of the walls was this vortex looking thing. MCA said "Yeah yo I know this kid"(oh sorry...Paul Revere slipped in there)...he said "You know what that is, right?" Uh, no...but it looks bizarre. So he jumps into it and it spits him right back out...but he's not MCA anymore. He's now Matthew McConaghuey. Everytime he jumps up against that wall...he's someone else (super hottie famous guys of course). I guess it had to do with me watching "Blade:Trinity" last night. Who knows. Damn, that was a good dream.

SO, when my alarm went off this morning...catapulting me into the real, awake world I realized I couldn't open my eyes. (This is gross, sorry) So, I'm sure everyone at one point in their lives has had pink eye. Well, that's what this was like. I could see b/c of all the crap that had built up while I slept. My eyes were that watery red. I didn't feel like pink eye (like I was blinking sand) but it looked like it. And I had that eye crap that felt like it too. As I'm sitting here, they are better, but there's still a slight blur. I'm sure you guys are super happy to hear this, it so much funnier than mismatched shoes (sarcasm, folks).

So, I got this email today for a job in Houston. Director of Marketing. Seemed pretty sweet actually, except for the fact that it's in Houston. No offense to you Houstonites (or Houstonians or Houstoniacs, whatever) but I don't really like Houston. The weather sucks ass...I hate humidity. I don't think I could do it. I've been there twice and both times it just seemed crappy. I could be wrong. Anyone out there have any Houstonisms that might make me change my mind and take this $80K-$90K a year job? That's pretty appealing right?

Now, it's not like I exactly have the job or anything...I have to send in this "personality" type test ie. writing sample from a website they directed me to. I'm guessing they do some kind of writing analysis to determine what kind of personality you have....do you cross your "t"s at the top or bottom, do you loop your "o"s and do they reach out to the next letter? They specified "unlined" paper, so I'm sure they want to see if you write slanting up or down or straight across. How much do you think they can learn about a person from a handwriting sample? I know they use it in criminal cases, so maybe alot. I wonder, is my writing going to make or break this for me? Well...I'm curious, have any of you ever had to do this and if so, how did it turn out?

Oh, and just for Wally, so he'd have something funny to read...this morning as I got to work there was this man walking towards me. He waves, I wave (confused b/c I didn't recognize him). He's talking as he's walking towards me, so of course I say "What?" He keeps talking, I keep saying what. He gets closer and I walk right up to him. He gives me this strange look and tries to get around me. I notice that a) he was waving at the person behind me and that b) he was talking hands-free on his cell phone. He looked at me like I was "we todd did" and just kept on walking. Man, I'm batting 1000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home