Monday, April 25, 2005

Snippets from yesterday

Ah....Monday again. No, that's not a sigh of happiness...more like a sigh of, well, acceptance. No matter how much I hate them, they always come once a week. I guess I should get used to it.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'll never get used to Mondays.

So, yesterday turned out to be an interesting day. Started off a bit slow. Went to a ceremony for my friend who is graduating with honors...boooorrriiinnnggg. But I went because I wanted to show my support and let her know I was proud. And there was a free dinner in it for me;) It was pretty cool though because I thought we were going to be there for like 3 hours and after they called her name for her to collect her honors pin, she was walking back up to the seating area and just kept on going, right up to us and said "I'm gonna sneak outta here, let's go." Awesome...I was SO hoping she would do that!

So we went and ate, drank, and were merry. It was a joyous occasion. Then, we couldn't figure out what we wanted to do. Decided to go see a movie (as of this weekend I saw Amityville Horror, Fever Pitch, and then A Lot Like Love yesterday). It was movie catch up weekend.

So, we saw A Lot Like Love and I really enjoyed it. Ashton Kutcher... damn that Demi Moore!! She's not allowed to take a dip into the younger age pool! Not fair! Yeah, I know that even if he weren't with Demi that he probably wouldn't be with me (if only because I just don't know where I'd get to meet him;) but still!

Anyway, the movie was good but it really made my friend and I bummed out. We're both going through the same situation and it's pretty difficult. At least we have each other to bounce things off of when times like this happen. But we were pretty much silent on the way home. Both of us pretty much on the verge of tears actually. She dropped me off at home and left. I stood there outside for a few minutes, just thinking about things. Then I realized if I didn't go get gas that I'd be hurting in the morning. So, I get into my car and my friend calls...sniffling. She asks if I want to go get a beer. Damn, a beer never sounded better.

So, off we go to a local dive (not a dive, dive, the kind of dive that lots of people go to because it's a chill place with about 10 pools tables, darts, shuffleboard...you name it.) We both sit up at the bar and kinda sigh, like a "Woe is me" kind of sigh. The bartender is like "You couldn't have had that long of a day, it's Sunday." Well, thanks, but whatever.

So there we are feeling sorry for ourselves and this semi-decent guy walks up to us.

Him: Hey, you wanna play some shuffleboard?
My friend T: No thanks, not really in a shuffleboard kind of mood.
Him: Are you sure? You guys look like you could use some shuffleboard (in a sing songy kind of way)
Me: Thanks, but we're not very much fun right now.
Him: Ok, well, we'll be over there if you change your mind.

So, we go about our business and the guy walks back up to us. This guy was a total clown. Very funny and surprisingly upfront. We let him know right away that we'd talk to him, but get real if he expected either of us to hook up with him. So he pitches me this idea he has had for a commercial for a long time. Actually very good and very funny. Too bad I'm not in the right industry for that type of commercial.

So, his friend comes up and he looks like a little Limp Bizkit. Introduces himself as Andrew. His friend keeps calling him Donald. I'm totally confused as to why he would introduce himself with one name but yet he goes by another? So, I just kept calling him AndrewDonald. He got a kick out of that. I was just happy I wasn't still sitting at the bar drowning my sorrows.

So then the other guy, Alex, starts talking about his kids. He says he has 9 year old and his "baby's mama" is expecting in 3 months (or at least that's what I thought.) My friend says "No, he already has a 3 month old, right?" and looks at him. He nods yes. Ok. I say "Oh, I thought you said your girlfriend was expecting in 3 months" He nod his head yes. WTF? I mean, I could tell the guy was pretty drunk and he was extremely entertaining, but he was also extremely confusing us. So, then a few minutes later he says his girlfriend is 3 months pregnant. What the hell? So we were both wrong, yet he nodded yes to both of us. The conversation after that went like this.

Me: So you have 1 kid and another on the way.
Him: Yes.
Me: And you're not married.
Him: HELLLLLLL NO!!
Me: (laughing really, really hard) How stupid of me. I mean, how absurd it is to think that you might be married since you have 1 child and another on the way.
Him: Not married.
Me: Ok, so can I ask you another question.
Him: Sure.
Me: So, do your kids have the same mother?
Him: HELLLLLL NO!
Me: (laughing even harder) I'm sorry, what a stupid question!
Him: See, my first baby mama is a lawyer...I put her through school. Then it just didn't work out b/c I didn't love her. Now, this baby mama I've been putting her through school to get her master's degree.
Me: SOO, if it doesn't work out with her, I've been thinking of going back to school to get my PhD.....I wouldn't have to get pregnant would I?"
Him: (actually seriously thinking about it).
Me: (laughing my ass off now because this is just ridiculous)

The rest of the night pretty much went like that. Him entertaining us, me giving him shit, and then all of us laughing. So, then I guess his baby mama calls and it's time for him to go home. Gives me and my friend a hug. Then looks at me and says "You need a kiss." I didn't even have time to react...he totally tried to stick his tongue down my throat! WTF? Luckily I was totally tight lipped and so he didn't get in there. Poor baby mama...if she only knew.

Disclaimer: In no way do I condone this type of behavior from a male with a baby mama at home. In no way do I ever make a habit of even knowing guys that have a baby mama and call them that. This served the sole purpose of entertaining us and getting us out of our sour moods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home