Thursday, April 14, 2005

Retaliation

Since I'm not feelin' it today, I'm posting my FF instead.

Flash Fiction as always provided by the kind people over at www.diminishedfifth.blogspot.com those people of course being one mister grimace.
Rules are as always:
250 words
Theme: compensation
Phrase for the week: came in slowly

"Damn this place! And damn this chair! And this desk! And these drawers! Damn it all! " Alisa screamed.

"Whoa, relax. Just calm down. What's going on?" Jason asked, looking puzzled and a little freaked out.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?! I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S GOING ON!!! That bastard is hiring McCullough to take over as head of Corporate Affairs! All I ever did was work my ass off for him and this is how he repays me??!!!"

Alisa was beyond calming. Jason's eyes grew wide as Alisa's fit turned into a rage. Alexandra McCullough was not only the brightest star in the entire corporation, she was also the biggest bitch, and she was standing right outside the door.

Alexandra peeked her head into the office and then came in slowly as to avoid any violence that might make it's way in her direction.

"Oh, Alisa honey. Don't worry. It's not your fault that you're not as smart or as well-respected as I am. To be quite honest, I don't see how you got this job in the first place. You can go back to working your graveyard shift at the Wal-Mart...back to your own kind. That will make everyone happy now, won't it?" Alexandra condescended.

Alisa looked down and noticed the white-knuckled death grip she held on the crystal frame that displayed her wedding photo.

"Bitch, this is so worth it." Alisa snarled as she hurled the frame at Alexandra's head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home