Friday, April 08, 2005

Clown town- population: my sister

So, after the day I had yesterday (turned into serious serious stressed-outness) I definitely need some happy hour. It's been getting warmer here, so my house is like an inferno. Trying to get ready to go out in a rush is not easy when you're sweating from the 90 degree weather inside your home. So, I managed to get ready and go pick up my friends. My two friends get in the car (one is the bitter bossy one (on bad days...we'll call her "T") and the other is my friend who is in town w/her baby from NC...we'll call her "M"). I'm driving and the whole time they're bitching at each other. M had previously stuck up for T because she just didn't see how T could be as big a bitch as we say. Well, guess she found out yesterday. T was being bossy and telling M that she should do this with her baby and do stuff that way, blah blah blah. M was so irritated. I felt like saying "I told you so". I just told 'em we were gonna put them in a ring and just let 'em go at it. It was entertaining for me though:)

ANYWAY, so we get to the bar. We met some other friends there and we're just sitting talking and having a good time. I finally wound down. SO there's this guy standing about 4 feet away from me (and you know how you can just tell when someone is staring at you) I can feel the stare. So I look over and he's looking at me. He starts to walk up and says:

Him: Are you KelBel?
Me: Yes (totally confused)
Him: You don't remember me do you?
Me: Uhhh, I don't...think...so.
Him: I'm Jeff so-and-so, from (Big Media Company). I'm the Vice President of Operations. I met you before with (My Boss).
Me: Uh...yeah...sure...ok.
Him: You know the company that owns (radio station we are trying to advertise on).
Me: Yeah, ok.
Him: Well, I know you guys are trying to get on the station this weekend, but you owe us $5000. We've been trying to collect on this from you guys for quite some time and we've had no luck.
Me: (totally flabbergasted because everything he is saying is true...mistake in accounting or whatever) Um...uh huh.
Him: We need to get you guys to pay us or we can let you on our station. What's going on with this.

I'm just staring at him blankly. 1) Because I've already got a pretty good buzz going and 2) Because I'm totally freaking out at how much he knows about this and what the hell I'm going to say to him. I thought about it for a second, and out of my mouth comes:

Me: Are you fucking with me?

Oops. Did I just say that out loud? He looks at me for a second and then I say:

Me: You're joking right?

By this time I'm thinking that this has got to be a joke. I mean, would the VP of a big media company come up to me and say all this stuff in a bar when I don't even handle the $$? It was my buzz that was messing up my logic here. So he says:

Him: Excuse me? No, I'm not messing with you...and the President of the company will attest to that (he points across the bar).

I look to the direction in which he is pointing and there is my older sister with her friends just laughing away. Laughing and laughing. Of course, then I started laughing. The guy "Jeff" starts laughing. He's one of my sister's buddies and they just thought it would be GREAT to mess with me. It was pretty good though, I had to admit. You see, the biggest stress of my day yesterday was dealing with how to get on the radio when the ad agency we used to use never paid the media company. So, that's about the worst and best joke anyone could have played on little 'ol vulnerable me.

Needless to say, the rest of the night culminated in drinking lots of $1 drinks (wells, but who cares right?), my friend getting not 1, not 2, but 3 beers spilled on her (she was soaked and a good sport b/c she just kept laughing when it happened), seeing lots of old faces, and an 11:00 food run. I came out of it with a slight hangover, massive headache, and someone else's cell phone. Good stuff.

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM , Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Will this actually work? Do I dare trying?

That is a funny, funny story. I would have died!

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Will this actually work? Do I dare trying?

That is a funny, funny story. I would have died!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home