Friday, April 22, 2005

Tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

It's quite interesting being one of very very few females at a job. Now, normally I get along better with males because...well because we all know we're bitches, right girls? Some of us, not all of us. And those that aren't come in contact with the ones that are and are forced to be a bitch to the bitch. Anyway...so I'm in a highly male dominated workplace. The only other women that work here are receptionists or clerks...and since I'm in a higher position, then of course they are....yes kids, that's right... bitches! I'm totally nice to them and try to be friendly and smile and say "please" and "thank you", but to no avail. And I know they talk about me (in Spanish) when I leave. Whatever, I don't really care that much. I'm getting off my point though.

I've got a male bastion over here. The managers are the ones that rule the world here. They're all male. They all have this "bond" because they basically went to the same school, know the same people, all that good stuff. It's a managerial clique. SO, most of them are overweight, over 50, and overly perverted.

Now honestly, I'm not easily offended or angered. Not at all in fact. I am easily grossed out. I knew when I started here what it would be like and it doesn't bother me except for the fact that I'm thinking "Do they really think this is cute?" Let's talk about today.

I'm walking across the street to go to our daily meeting. One of the sales people is walking up behind me and says (as he puts his arm around me) "I have a proposal for you." I was like, "Uh, ok" (thinking he had some advertising suggestions or something). His response "-------". Nothing. See, that was a joke. "I have a proposal for you." Ha ha, I'm laughing so hard I can barely stand it (sarcasm, obviously). SO all day today when I'm within 50 feet of him he says it, over and over. Shut up already, it wasn't funny the first time and it's really not funny now. What does that even mean?

So, when I get to my meeting this morning I say hi to peeps and go to sit down. One of the managers pats his lap and says "You can sit here." Uh, ha ha again. No thanks. So I find a seat (in my very own chair, thanks) and another manager walks in and says "I'm going to sit by you." Whatever....I mean, there are like 50 other chairs and if you sit right by me you're really going to burst my personal bubble under your weight, but fine.

So, the meeting begins and one of the other managers says "How's everyone this Friday." There's fines and goods all over the place and me, being the ever so clever smart ass that I am, say "Well, I'm tired, a little sick actually. Have headache and I'm congested." Yeah, I know, it was really funny right;)? So the personal-bubble-popper says "I'm gonna rub some Vick's on her chest in a minute." I turn to him and he might as well have his whole head in my cleavage. He didn't even stop when he realized I was looking at him. Gross. He really is just gross.

Then, I'm sitting there and for some reason I tend to shed. I always end up with hair on my shirt...and of course you can really see it on black (as I was wearing today). I'm picking some hair off my shirt and I'll be damned if that bubble popper didn't reach over and brush my boob with his hand like something was on my shirt (I know there was nothing where his hand was). I was in shock actually. And then he laughs! That fucker.

Now, maybe I'm being unfair. A little discriminatory? If he were super hot, would that bother me? Hmmm....good question. Maybe not if that was the case, but that's just never appropriate. I know people out there will say "KelBel, that's sexual harrassment...he can't do that to you." Well, I know it is but as long as I'm not traumatized by it I can let it pass. I wouldn't venture to be in a room alone with him or anything, just in case, but whatever. Just a dirty old fat man with no restraint. I really think he's harmless, but all the same, I steer clear so I don't have to deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home