Monday, May 16, 2005

Sometimes I wonder....

If all the stupid people in the world have been round up and dropped in this city. I guess I know it's not true because you guys encounter stupid people all the time.

In an attempt to take my friend from out of town to get the best mexican food in the city, we encountered a real genuine member of the species Idiotus Stupidus Ignoramus. Now folks, don't look too close and try to shut your ears because the sound that originates from this genus of the species will not just hurt your ears, it will hurt your brain. You cannot watch their mouths for fear that your fist will inevitably be attracted to this region of their face. It's frowned upon to punch this species only because of their nature. It's a sad, sad state.

So, after going to about 4 different restaurants...all of which closed at 8:30 or 9:00 on a Saturday (WTF is wrong with these people?) I decided to call a place to find out how late they were open. It went a little something like this:

Her: Hello... thank you for calling (name of restaurant). How can I help you?
Me: Yes, how late are you open tonight?
Her: Open?
Me: Yes.
Her: Tonight?
Me: Yes.
Her: Midnight.
Me: Midnight?
Her: Yes....No 7:00.
Me: 7:00 (I look at my watch that says 8:50 pm)?
Her: Yes, 7:00.
Me: So you're closed?
Her: No.
Me: How late are you open tonight?
Her: 7:00.
Me: What time do you close?
Her: Midnight.
Me: So you're open until Midnight tonight?
Her: We open at 7:00.
Me: Ok, thanks.

Holy shit. I don't think anyone that dumb has kept me busy for so long. I mean, I normally would have hung up by the middle of that conversation. I guess what confused her was the "open" in "how late are you open". I guess next time I know not to confuse the species with my fancy language. Geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home