Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

Don't you just hate it when you purchase a brand new Honda and come to find later on out it's really a Pinto in disguise?

I was watching some late night TV last night...I think I landed on the SciFi channel. Anyway, I saw this commercial for something that I really thought was a joke. You know, like those Saturday Night Live spoofs and you're waiting for the punchline? Well, the punchline never came. It displayed a Website, so I thought "I better check it out...see if they weren't just messing with people."

Oh no, folks. This shite is the real deal. I just don't get it I guess.

I mean, how stupid are we in this nation that people can fool us by painting some stripes on a VW Rabbit and make us think that it's something else? I've never heard of such madness! Who are these people that are getting fooled and who are the geniuses that knew they could get away with this trickery?!

So, the commercial last night shows the difference between the real MINI and the imposters. The real MINI could fit into tight parallel parking spaces...it showed the fake attempting to fit in the same space. Did it? NO! It showed the real MINI on the crash course weaving through the cones with agility and grace. The counterfeit? It knocked the cones down! It shows the counterfeit doing the crash test...and it totally explodes! There's a DVD that shows you how to tell the difference!!!

Seriously people...these fakes look absolutely NOTHING like a MINI. I just couldn't believe it wasn't a joke. They even showed some guy in one of those chop shops or whatever, talking about it. What is this world coming to?

Does this mean I can put some fancy gadgets on my old 1988 Chevrolet Sprint and pass it off as one of the new hybrids?

Disclaimer: Now I realize that no matter what, this has to be a joke because there is no way that people can be so stupid that they think these are MINI Coopers. At least I hope it's a joke somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home