Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Is that your mom?

Yeah.

I can barely even write this.

How depressing.

My friend came into town from NC this week. She just recently had a baby. Her family situation is a little weird. She's the oldest of her siblings, she has a younger sister and younger twin brothers. Her mother left her dad about 5 years ago. Her mom is totally cool, her dad is a religious freak. When her mom left, her dad lost it. All the kids were old enough to live on their own by that time, so I think that's why her mom waited because she'd been miserable for awhile. Anyway, her dad ended up getting this girl from Juarez pregnant (that he met at church, talk about hypocritical huh?) who is a year younger than US. She already had a kid. To date, they have 3 children and one due May 1. He has an entirely new family. Most of his kids from his first family don't really like him, he wasn't too great of a father. Ok, now here's my point.

His new wife doesn't speak English at all. Me and my other friend (who I've known since the age of 4 and can be such a bitter bitch sometimes) took her to visit her dad. We're sitting on the couch and I hear the new wife ask in Spanish "Is that her mom?" As in, am I my friend's mother. WHAT!?! WTF?!? "Uh no" I say and give a fake smile because at this point, I mean how depressing. My friend is older than me! Only by a month, but still.

So she looks at me and says "Ha ha, you look a lot older than me. People always say how much younger I look."
Me: "Um...maybe because I'm still dressed in my work clothes and you're wearing jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes and your hair is in a ponytail."
Her: "Well, people always say how much older (my friend that is beautiful) looks that I do. Everyone says it."
Me: (at this point I'm pissed b/c she's just being a bitch and she knows it) "Well, that's because (my friend that is beautiful) wears make-up and dresses nice and always looks good."

She just gives me this evil look and I just smiled.

The thing is, of all the people that that lady could have thought I was mother to, I wish to God it wasn't this friend. I'll hear snide comments about it forever. Funny thing is, I still get carded for alcohol, cigarettes, and even lottery tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home