Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Anybody have $500 + tax and shipping I can borrow?

So, we watched this movie last night, Ginger Snaps. I don't know if anyone has seen this but it was pretty ridiculous. I actually liked it though, guess it's one of those that's so ridiculous it's good?

I got this invoice handed to me this morning for $500 + tax and shipping. Addressed to me, so there was no getting around it. Trouble is, I have no idea what it's for. I call the guy and it goes a little something like this:
Me: Yes, I'm calling in regards to invoice 123456
Invoice guy: Yes
Me: What is this for?
Invoice guy: Did you not receive a CD?
Me: A CD?
IG: Yes.
Me: Uh, no.
IG: We sent it to you.
Me: Well, I didn't get it. Plus, I didn't order it.
IG: Oh, well we sent it to you.
Me: Um, ok. But I didn't order anything.
IG: You didn't speak to Invoice lady?
Me: Did I?
IG: Did you?
Me: I don't think so.
IG: Well, we sent you the CD. I have the tracking number.
Me: Well, I DIDN'T ORDER ANYTHING. I don't even know who you are or what you do. I can't authorize payment for anything so I know for a fact I didn't order this!
IG: Well, do you want to send the CD back?
Me: I DIDN'T GET A CD!
IG: Ok, well, I need that CD back.

At this point I'm about the reach through the phone and punch him in the adam's apple. We went back and forth for awhile and he finally says he'll check the tracking and make sure it was delivered. That better be one damn good CD for all the pain it has caused me. My CFO was about to have an aneurysm.

My desk is not a dumping ground. My boss' desk keeps leaking onto mine. I'm organized, I like things neat. If I have piles, I want neat, arranged piles. Not this heap of crap that seems to be regenerating by itself. If he puts one more piece of whatever on my desk and says "Can you check this out for me?" or "Can you research this?" I going to seriously cause him bodily harm. He has no idea what anything is...it could be a list of the 50 states and capitals and he wouldn't know it. It could be a death threat (which he might not be far from with his reputation) and he'd just hand it to me and say "Can you take a look at this?" I'm on the brink here...I should SO have his job!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home