Friday, March 11, 2005

It's Friiiiiday! It's time to paaaaartay!

Here's a little backstory before I get to the real story:
When I was in high school, there was this guy who used to have a Friday song (see title of the post). He used to sing it and he was very entertaining. Well, this guy works at a burger place by my house.... he's worked there ever since high school. I think he's manager now. But I still see him walking to work all the time. Now, I didn't know him very well during high school, but one of my friend's did.

Story:
Last Saturday (keep in mind it was Saturday) my friend (the one that knew the guy pretty well...we'll call her Muffy) wanted to go out because she just had a baby a few months ago and hasn't gone out in a long time. Sure, no problem...the rest of us are unattached, either to husband or child, so we said we thought it would be fun. Muffy's fiance (if you want to call him that...he's the epitome of stupid asshole, herein referred to as SAH) was willing to watch said baby so that Muffy could go out. Muffy was so excited because a couple of weeks before she had tried to go out but when she went to shop to find something to wear(because she wasn't back to normal weight after said baby), SAH told her the shirt she liked made her look like an orangutan and that she should have a banana in her mouth (SAH!!!). Go on, tell a postpartum woman (or any woman for that matter) that she looks like an orangutan....oh man! So needless to say she didn't go out that night.

Well, this night she did and I went shopping with her so there would be no mention of primates (is an orangutan a primate?) and fruit. We find something to wear for her, everything is going smashingly. We make it out to the bar...yahoo!! Now, remember I said she hadn't been out in quite a while so she was bound to go a little nuts. We drank a lot (she and I drink for drink) and had a really good time. Of course, when she gets drunk, she gets bold. We go to another bar and some idiot guys are buggin us. We go outside, they follow, blah blah blah. She proceeds to pick a fight with one of the guys and we decide it's time to go.

Now, remember that burger place I spoke about at the beginning here...the one that guy works at. Well, that's our after-drinking-we're-starving place to go. We get there around 3 am. Muffy notices the guy working there (who she's seen there a million other times but has never attempted to speak to him) and says "I want to talk to him". OOOOH great. My other friend...let's call her Lefty....said "Uh, I don't think that's a good idea. Trust me, you don't want to do it." Muffy couldn't imagine why it wouldn't be a good idea to suddenly talk to this guy in her drunken stupor when she hadn't acknowledged him in years. Here's what happened. Mind you, I'm still standing there and Lefty has taken off....lucky.

Muffy (to another employee): Hey, is that burger guy over there?
Employee (with a weird look on his face): Uh, yeah
Muffy: Will you tell him to come up here?
Employee: Uh ok.
Burger guy comes up to the front with a really freaked out look on his face.
Muffy: Hey burger guy, it's me Muffy.
Burger guy: Uh hi (looking kinda scared)
Me: Hi (totally embarrassed).
Muffy: Hey burger guy, remember that song you used to sing? It's Friiiiiiiday, it's time to paaaaartay. It's time to booooogay!!
BG: Uh, oh yeah. Ha ha (not a real laugh at all as he's backing up towards the fryer.) But it's Saturday.
Muffy: I still sing that!
BG: Oh, really?(quite uncomfortable...I think he thinks she's nuts)
Muffy: Yeah (getting pissed b/c he's not reacting the way she expected....what does she expect? He's probably embarrassed because he still works at burger place after all these years).
BG (looking at me): So, did you go to the reunion?
Muffy(getting huffy..hee hee): Whatever!!
She walks off.
Me: Uh, yeah. It was ok...I only went to the first night (which is the bar night, the second night is dinner/dance). I didn't want to go to Prom II.
BG: (laughs) Yeah, I know what you mean.

We continue to talk for a couple minutes and then I go sit down. Muffy is steaming because she was "friends" with him and I didn't even know him and he sat and talked to me and wouldn't talk to her. I was thinking "What did you expect? After you say 'Is that burger guy'? I mean, if you know him so well why would you have to ask if that was him?" Well, needless to say when the girl drinks (as we all do sometimes) she gets a little....delusional I should say. Anyway, she decides she's going to go back up there and give him a piece of her mind. WTF? Relax, get over it. She's been coming here all this time and hasn't bothered to say anything so now when she doesn't get a warm reception she's pissed? Luckily between myself and Lefty we managed to get her out of the burger place without a confrontation. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home