Friday, March 04, 2005

If I were a rich girl

So, I bought two $2 scratch off lottery tickets when I bought my morning coffee this morning.

The tickets boasted "Win $1000 a week for 20 years!" Was that the hook? You bet.

On my way back to my office I was fantasizing about everything I could do with that money.

I mean, $1000 a week? I wouldn't have to work anymore. I could tell my boss to suck it and annoy himself from now on.

Then again, I could stay here for awhile, holding it over his head that I don't "need" to work so I could save that money and invest in my own business so I'd never have to work for crap heads like him ever again (total run-on, which describes my though process).

Either way, I'd be happy happy happy. I could invest in real estate and live off that for the rest of my life. I could go out and party and take everyone I know.

Then my daydreams were getting really expensive, and I started to think, $1000 a week isn't THAT much money. I mean, I could spend $1000 in one day if I wanted to, right.

So, in my head I had already won the money, enjoyed it, decided it wasn't enough, and then been mad about it. I hadn't even scratched off the damn ticket yet.

So, with anticipation and a little bit of pre-win-not-enough-money bitterness, I scratch.

I scratch off the first one...$2. Well, I won my money back right? That's a good sign.

Next!

I scratch off the second one, pulse pounding, and here it comes....$2.

Yep, I won $4...which is what I spent on the damn tickets. All my dreams and bitterness down the drain.

At least I broke even.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Blogger Blue944 said...

Yeah, $1000 a week, before taxes. Just enough to live slightly above the poverty line...or live well in Montana.

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

la la la la la...

I wish I was rich.
Being poor sucks.

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger thtgrl said...

I gave up on the lottery. I'm sure when I did, my winning ticket was printed within 24 hours. I wouldn't know though because I decided to not buy anymore the day before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home