Thursday, March 03, 2005

My name is George, I live in a hole. Which way did they go, which way did they go?

So, I've told little stories here and there about my boss and how I want to kill him and how I should really have his job. Everyday I come to work I feel like that more and more. Yesterday was no exception. I see him for the first time yesterday at 11:00 am. I don't know what he does half the day, but it's really annoying because there are about 30 people calling me looking for him and I have to say "Uhhh, duhh, umm der, I dunno where he is." So, he comes into the office and our interaction went a little something like this:
Him: Good morning.
Me: Oh, is it still morning?
He ignores me.
Me: (30 people) called looking for you. You said you were going to call (30 people) back 3 weeks ago and they still haven't heard from you.
Him: Ohh...hmmm.
Me: You have to fax (stuff) to (person) by today. Today is the deadline or we won't get into (publication).
Him: (totally confused look on his face) Who's that?
Me: You know (so and so) that was in here 3 days ago that you met with for 3 hours on this?
Him: (Still confused and staring blankly)
Me: You know (person's name) from (business)? Remember. She said you were on the phone with (company) while she was here so she knows you know you need to get this done.
Him: Oh, I'll do that later.
Me: Sure.
Him: Did you take those pictures of (stuff)?
Me: Of course, I already took care of that.
Silence for awhile...
Me: Alright, I'm going to lunch.
Him: Are you hungry?
Me: Uhh, yeah, hence the going to lunch part.
So I leave and am walking down the stairs outside my office.
Him: Oh, I'm emailing you something right now. I need you to email it to (guy) asap.
Me: You're emailing it to me to email to someone else?
Him: Yeah, and I need to get it to him asap.
Me: Then why don't you email it to him?
Him: I don't have his email address.
Me: Would you like me to tell it to you (as if speaking to a child)?
Him: (reluctantly) Oh, ok.

DAMN. I just can't even express how annoyed he makes me. He emails me stuff to print out for him. He HAS a printer! WTF? He's just lazy and annoying. I might have to hurt him. Ok, I won't, but a girl can dream, can't she?

6 Comments:

At 10:21 AM , Blogger luke said...

yessssssss! that is my boss too! "hey luke, here is a phone number. can you call him and tell him ill call him later? Thanks." bullshit i tell you. bullshit.

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Blue944 said...

Sounds like they went to the management school of "do as little as you can, but get paid as much as you can for it." Love those kinda bosses.

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger KelBel said...

How frustrating is that?!?! Seriously, if I was the boss I'd have a leg up because I know how to dial the phone, send emails, and make copies. A gem I say.

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger thtgrl said...

I think they go to a class that tells them to have you wipe their asses! Mine hands me something to be copied ONE time when we're standing in front of the copier and MY hands are full and HER hand's holding a coffee! Frustrating!

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Martini Love said...

Don't cha' just love doing work for someone who can determine if you have a job or not...grrr makes me mad.. sorry you have to deal with that bundle of joy everyday!

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My boss does this, except for he makes me drinks, that and all the stuff I dont want to do I just give back to him and tell him that I "really need his EXPERT" advice" he is such an ego freak he is almost beging for it from me...falls for it every time

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home