Friday, February 11, 2005

A Case of the Fridays

I love Friday. What's more is I love Friday afternoon. I actually love Friday around 5 or 5:30 the most, but the hardest part about Fridays is making it through the entire day. I mean, I find myself wanting to leave as soon as I get to work. It's hard to focus on anything work related...especially when your boss is annoying. He expects magic tricks and mind reading from me most days but Fridays are worse. That's mainly because I don't see him for the majority of the day (I know he's out screwing around, visiting buddies, taking extra long lunches that involve several libations) so he's constantly calling me and asking "Hey, can you find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?" and ridiculous crap like that. I don't know if it's so I'll "think" that he's out doing important advertising stuff or what. I'm not stupid. So I sit here all day, counting down the hours, and praying that I don't have some lame ass task to complete before the end of the day. What's even worse is when he waits until about 4:45 to ask me to do something that he knows is going to take a long time when I haven't been doing crap all day and could have done that to pass the time. If he ruins Friday for me I'm gonna be so pissed:)

2 Comments:

At 12:47 PM , Blogger Kerouaced said...

There has to be a special place in Hell for people like your boss where every minute is 4:59 PM and they are eternally give projects to do that they never have a chance to complete and this cycle repeats itself for all time.

I don't work well for other people, their egos get in the way. This is why I hope to make a living at writing so I can escape this life of Indentured servitude.

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger KelBel said...

Wouldn't that be fantastic?!?! I would love that...especially if we we able to look in on them from time to time just to see the tortured looks on their faces.

I'm having a hard time surviving the "working for other people" thing. I'd love to make a living writing as well, although I should probably write something first;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home