Thursday, January 20, 2005

To key or not to key....

Well...today is a day for a rant. You see, I came into work this morning rarin' to go, especially because I thought today couldn't be nearly as bad as yesterday was. Guess that's what I get for thinking. It started out ok but then my boss comes in (he's a really cool guy, so it wasn't accusatory or anything) and he says "Where's my laptop?" I didn't know if we were playing a game or what so I said "I don't know, where is it? Did you take it home?" Nope, surely not as he never does any work at home. Well, apparently someone broke into our office between the time I left yesterday and the time I got here this morning and stole his computer and printer. Nothing else in the office...just those two things. The thing about our office is...there's no way to get in or out of here after 6:00 PM or before 6:00 AM. We are an office within a fortress basically and so the only way someone could get in is if it were an "inside job"...love that, now everyone's a detective. So, no one saw anybody and the lock wasn't broken so it had to be someone with a key (unless the door was left unlocked...and that's a no). So, since it was a fortress before you can imagine it now. There are about 5 doors to go through to get into my office...now every single one of them requires a key. What's that you ask? Do I have the keys to those doors? No. I do not. Now, when I asked the ever so polite "keeper of the keys" if I could have a set he said "for what?" Hmm...I don't know...TO GET IN TO MY OFFICE MAYBE! And his reply "Oh no...I'll be here in the morning or the other managers will." SO, what you're saying is that everytime I come in in the morning, or go to lunch, or go to the bathroom, or have to go to the damn fax machine or whatever I have to then come get you so you can hold my hand and open all the doors for me. How annoying is that?!?! Ahh trust...gotta love it. Funny thing is...why would I steal something from my own office? What a load of crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home