Thursday, January 13, 2005

Escape into Reality

Crawling through the dank abyss with no end in sight,
I feel the dread crushing me, as I look feverishly from left to right.
The ebony that surrounds me masquerades every sound.
I can feel the presence closing in yearning for me to be found.
Then all at once I feel the glacial hands that seize my face,
and the voice that rasps into my ear, "Welcome to OUR place".
The scream that begins to form lodges itself inside my throat,
as the hands that grasped me disappear and I begin to float.
I feel a ripple in the air as my movements disturb the force,
who has begun to swiftly navigate my course.
I feel my sanity slipping with every rush of air,
abruptlyI''m brought to a halt, then catapulted into nowhere.
Now the terror that replaced the previous feeling of dread,
ebbs as I awake falling from my harmless, familiar bed.

Copyright ©2004 Kelli L. Thompson

1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM , Blogger RC666 said...

That is very vivid, and awesome. My guess is by the copyright at the bottom you had it posted on poetry.com. I also have a couple on there. I think I've already put them on my site though. But I want to hear more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home