Monday, October 17, 2005

What's so great about being 30?

As I embark upon the brand new journey of a decade, beginning today, I really thought about all the positive connotations of turning the big three-oh-no. I'm really not freaking out about being 30, not even the least bit sad really. I was actually so ready to be done with my 20s, as they were of no use to me anymore. Now I'm at the bottom of the 30s instead of being at the top of the 20s, that's better right? So, what are all the good things about being 30? Well, here they are in no particular order.

1. My sexual peak is just beginning (whereas for guys...it was pretty much downhill from 18;)
2. There are lots of people who didn't become who they are until they were in their 30s.
3. I don't have to worry about the "things to do before I turn 30" list anymore. I can relax now!
4. Thirtysomething sounds more dignified than "those twentysomethings".
5. It's the start of something new, and new is good. I feel that this is going to be it. The adventure is just beginning.
6. No matter how old I get, I'll always be the youngest in the family. And I'll always get "you're still young" and that's good enough for me!
7. Men like older women...right? Maybe I can bag some 20 something hottie who wants an older woman;)
8. People will take me more seriously now that I'm in the 30s (and I still get carded!)
9. I will not be forced to take a shot for the number of years I am in age...I mean, who can take 30 shots?
10. 30 IS the new 20!

And those are just some of the reasons I'm ok with turning 30. I actually am excited, I mean my 20s were cool, but they've obviously done nothing for me...except cause the little fine lines and few extra pounds that I have to show for in my 30s. I have a good feeling about this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home