Sunday, December 11, 2005

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaanges

So, still no job. That's right people, loser alert! Kidding...kind of;)

I've been keeping in touch with the doctor man and he's working diligently to secure funding for me, although he's having a helluva time. He did give me a lead on another job though, so who knows about that one.

My friend (a pharmaceutical rep) has an opening in her company. Problem: Another girl that works in San Diego wants to transfer back here (uh...why??? I have a feeling it's the "little fish, big pond" scenario). Of course, no one here likes her and their boss, upon seeing the eye-rolling-oh-god-not-her looks, is thinking twice about bringing her back. Anyway, my resume is in.

My other friend (a teacher) has an opening at her school for first grade teacher (first grade....I know!). She and her mother (who both work at the school) are going to give me praise and build me up as much as possible so I can get in there. I can then get my alternative certification and start teaching right after Christmas. So, there's another if.

I have a good feeling about 2006 though. I mean, it's gotta be better than 2005 (although I think I said the same thing around this time last year about 2005 versus 2004). Anyway, hope my feeling is better this year!

I have finally gone back to my roots....literally. That's right peeps. I can no longer be the butt of any of the following jokes:

Q: How does a blonde spell Farm?
A: E-I-E-I-O

Q: What did the blond do when she missed the 66 Bus?
A: She took the 33 bus twice instead.

Q: Why did the blonde get fired from the M&M factory?
A: She kept throwing away the "w"s.

Q: What you call a blonde skeleton in a closet?
A: Winner of last year's hide-and-seek contest.

You get the point. That's right...I'm now a brunette. Decided to make a change. Maybe that's what I needed.

Oh yeah, and the icing on the cake?? I'm getting BRACES on Tuesday! Yep, I said braces. So you can call me any of the following: Brace face, metal mouth, tin grin, traintracks, etc. Yippee. But when all is said and done I will have the most perfect set of teeth in the whole world (I can keep telling myself that ok;)??) I actually don't really need braces except to correct what I did to myself in 6th grade that has caused me nothing but grief for the rest of my 30 years. SO, bring the pain!!

Hmm...what else? I have completely finished my Christmas shopping, yahoo for that. It's definitely a yuletide first for me. Of course, now when everyone else needs to Christmas shop, I feel like I should be too so I end up spending more money buying an extra present here and there for everyone. Maybe that's why I never finished early?

Well, I need to try and keep up here. I noticed I went from daily writing, to about every other day or so. To maybe one a week or so. To MAYBE once a month. I just noticed lately that I have no motivation to write anything. Of course, with my new "everything is about to change for the better" plan, I will definitely have to be writing more. At least for my own sanity!!

Adios and hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful time of year (I just love it)!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home