Monday, February 21, 2005

A Rich bitch

Well, this weekend was quite interesting and uninteresting at the same time. Saturday is the day that I'm itching to talk about.
It was my friend's birthday on Saturday and she and her husband threw a dinner party at this very nice restaurant. They have a lot of money so on any special occasion where they have a dinner somewhere, they treat everyone....on everything. That's right kids...drinks galore. So, we went and had a excellent dinner accompanied by:
2 glasses of pinot grigio
2 red bull and grey goose
2 grey goose martinis
2 grey goose and soda
countless michiladas (basically a beer and lime concoction for lazy people for those of you who don't know).
Well, during the course of the meal and the drinks, my friend decides she wants to call this guy who has been calling her (it's disgusting, my friend can get just about any guy she thinks she might like...good for her actually;) So, she calls this guy Rich, whom we have known for many years. He says he wants to meet us out yadda, yadda, yadda. This is around 9:00 pm. He and his friend are out watching the UTEP basketball game and will come when it's over.
So, we wait for awhile and it's about midnight by this time. I'm ready to go, she's ready to go...it's just time to go (we started way early and I guess my age is showing if I'm tired at midnight!). So she calls them and they're right down the street. Fine, we'll stay and hang out for a bit. Well, they get there and we hang out. I'm still tired but being a trooper for my friend's sake.
Then, all of a sudden, the lights come on. 2am...time to get the funk out of buckeye. Rich and his friend say "Come on, we're not done hanging out right? Let's go to Juarez". Uh...no thanks...I don't want to get shot. So, after a lot of annoying "Come on, Kelbel...just for a little while. Let's just hang out. You want to hang out with us right?" I get bullied into going over to Rich's house.
Enter Rich's house. Very nice house but total bachelor pad circa 1980. Everything black leather and black lacquer and smoky glasstops, etc. (apologize in advance if this is your decor). Strangely enough it was immaculately clean. Yes, I know that there are some guys that are clean, but even clean guys at least have a towel on the bathroom floor or hanging over the shower curtain rod, right? Especially if you're not expecting anyone. Well, I know this because I had asked to use his restroom. So I used his personal restroom off of his bedroom and the rest of the night went a little something like this:

Me: Wow, you have the cleanest house I've ever seen. You must have a maid (I laugh)
Rich: Why do you say that?
Me: Well, even guys that are super neat still have at least a towel askew.
Rich: Oh, ok. So, would you all like something to drink?
Us: Sure, what do you have?

Rich opens refrigerator and displays at least 30 different types of beverages. Not just beer but categories of beer...different types of light beer, mexican beer, irish beer. I mean, anything you could think of (including non-alcoholic beverages) to drink. Again, I'm amazed. I don't even have that.

Me: I have never seen anyone's fridge stocked so full of things. Wow, that's pretty impressive (I laugh again because that's just how I am).
Rich: What do you mean? What's wrong with that?
Me: Nothing (geez!) I was just saying that's cool.
Rich: Oh, well I have plants all over the place too and they're even green.
Me: What? Umm, ok.
So I touch the plants (bad move apparently).


Rich: Yeah, they're fake, you have a problem with that? (mumbles under his breath something shitty about me to my friend).
Me: Are you serious? What's wrong with you?
(Mind you, I've known this guy for years).
Rich: Well, I'm sorry if you don't approve of my house but I've worked hard for this and I'm proud of it (spazzing out)
Me: (WTF??? Why is he freaking out??) You're not kidding?? Look, I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way but that's not what I was saying. Your house is very nice and everything I was saying was actually complimentary(me pissed now). Obviously you don't know me because this is how I am. I don't know what your problem is.
Rich: Ok, fine. It's fine (totally insincere and shitty).

Now I'm pissed. Seriously, I didn't say damn thing wrong (out of character for me)and he was being a little bitch about it. So he tells my friend "She has something against me. It must be something from a long time ago." Uhhh, what?? Needless to say I was extremely pissed and told my friend I was leaving and she could stay or go, but this was ridiculous. I still don't know what the big deal was and why he got his panties in a bunch over it. At least I don't have to hang out with him again.

4 Comments:

At 5:29 PM , Blogger thtgrl said...

Geez! What crawled up his ass??? Maybe he's gotten negative feedback on the 80s leather decor and was self concious about it. Who cares...I wonder if he's going to go buy real plants now because he's so offended...? You did nothing wrong!

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger KelBel said...

Thanks TG! I needed at least one more person to tell me that...I wasn't sure if I missed something or what. What a nutjob!

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Blue944 said...

Tell him he needs to up his medication. Shock treatments might also be in order. You don't need friends like that in your life...tell him to get a sense of humor.

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Martini Love said...

All I can say is "WOW,someones got some issues!"


Not you..... him!! I don't understand people like this. It's like you saying something you honestly think about someone like "You look good today" and they flip out and say "What like this is the first time I looked good?"

Freaks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home