Monday, April 30, 2007

Fast is Slow

Well, I've been committed to the idea of becoming super healthy and fit (in the quickest amount of time possible) and the first step on that road was the Fast Track One-Day Detox Diet. Contrary to what the title actually says, it is NOT one day. It is actually an 11 day plan filled with organic things and weird spices I've never heard of.

You should have seen us at the grocery store. We (my roommate and I) looked like a couple of idiots searching for daikon radish sprouts and asking people how you choose a "good looking" bok choy. I still don't know. I'm actually on day 8 and going strong. The thing is...it's a TON of cooking and preparation and baking and all kinds of crap that I'm really not used to. I have just about had it with the cooking of the weird foods (i.e. Omega-3 spread which includes blended sardines with bones...ick!)

Well, as I mentioned, I'm on day 8...Fast Day. My question is, why call it a fast? It goes by so damn slow!!! I'm alternating 8 oz of water and 8 oz of "miracle juice" every hour. Fun stuff. I think when I get home I'm going to knock myself out so that the thoughts of Friday (when the diet is officially over) happy hour/chips and salsa don't overtake me. Yeah, I know I said I was "committed to the idea of becoming super healthy and fit" but salsa has lots of vegetables and my beer will definitely have a lime in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home